Hello Guest
Welcome to the PostpartumMen online forum. This is the first and only online community for men with concerns about depression, anxiety or other mood disruptions after the birth of a child. We hope this is a comfortable place for you to find information and get support from other dads to help in your recovery. Please be aware that PostpartumMen reserves the right to delete any post that we believe is inflammatory, derogatory or hurtful. We want the men who post here to know they’re safe from judgement when revealing their very private concerns. I will try to visit the forum as much as possible. However, this forum is primarily intended to serve as an online community of self-help and mutual support. If you have a concern about a posting, email me at DrWill@SadDaddy.com. Please understand that I am unable to respond to individual emails regarding mental health concerns.

So where do I go
« on: November 04, 2017, 02:08:39 PM »
So where do I go from here. I am a healthcare professional and an avid outdoorsman. The stigma attached to being depressed is uncanny. People look at you as if you were contagious. Meanwhile my soul screams in silence. I have survived gangs, drug dealing and yet in the end the emotional scars that I have used to protect myself is what will be the very thing that might be my demise. Dont know why today of all days but, today is bad. I can deny the depression. I can run from it. Still no matter what I do I cant fight it.  I have saved lives. People and families are together because of me yet I find no solace in that. I will go to sleep and wake to fight another day
Re: So where do I go
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 03:44:18 AM »
I think men take strength from other men. If they see other men around them faltering, they wonder if they can handle life’s challenges themselves. If they don’t acknowledge it, they can pretend it doesn’t exist and pretend everything is fine.

You know it really does suck how the good can’t overcome the bad when you have depression but the bad can easily overtake the good. Try to remember that depression is not forever and it will have an end, even if it doesn’t feel like it now. You’ll get through this just like every other challenge in your life. Hang in there!
Re: So where do I go
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 06:57:14 AM »
If you haven't done so already, go see someone.  There is no shame in getting help.  People come to you for help and you are only human.  Maybe it could be as simple as being on some medication and you could be a completely different person.  You are a bigger, braver and stronger man by getting help then to have depression beat you.

I hope you get some help.

RS